The future of this blog is uncertain. I haven’t blogged since November, and I simply don’t feel like blogging on it anymore. I don’t want to talk about my private life because I know there are
creepy people stalking me out there who will use it against me, and let’s face it, I don’t find myself that interesting, anyway.
And I don’t want to talk about my writing, because after Storm of Blood comes out later this year and maybe gets a sequel, I won’t ever publish under this name again.
1) I hate that I’ve been naive enough to publish using my real name. I had no idea how hostile my little corner of the Internet would become.
2) There is always the possibility, as has happened in the past, that I will be ‘punished’ through my book’s ratings, for whatever reason (still trying to work that one out TBH).
3) I am going to take some time off to write several books I’ve been dying to get done. I may self-publish them, or I might seek an agent for traditional publishing, seeing as how my handful of queries in 2011 got me several requests for a previous manuscript.
4) Writing takes time and effort, and I don’t want to suddenly go, ‘How long has it been since I last blogged? What interesting crap can I come up with this time?’ I don’t want to be forced to blog just to keep an audience.
5) That previous story won’t ever be published, not even under a different name. It’s too easily identified and I’ve queried it in public contests. No, that series will stay just for me and my friends (and my craft).
- On Never, Ever, Giving Up (chasingthecrazies.wordpress.com)