NaNoWriMo is upon us, and although I said previously I was writing in silence (I still am), I have found a great song to get me motivated in the mornings, and I’m finding it applicable to NaNoWriMo wordchasers as well!
If you haven’t heard of him (and I hadn’t until a few months ago), JackSepticEye is one of the most popular Youtubers and is one of those lads who posts video game commentaries.
Some people don’t understand why anyone would rather ‘watch’ than ‘play’ games. I’ve had a few experiences that sums up why I’m a watcher:
- I’m a casual gamer. I get bored really quickly playing games. Except for The Sims, which I can play literally for hours. (that being said I am the Queen of MarioKart)
- I’m the younger sibling of a gamer. That meant when I was a kid, it was my job to sit there quietly and watch him play games, and if I ever played one with him and beat him, he’d punch me. You get used to coming second in racing games a lot. Mostly it was my job to watch the mini-map during WarCraft II campaigns.
- My husband is a gamer, and he likes to play games that are good to watch, the kind that play almost like films. We posted a run through of Until Dawn that we played ‘together’ to his YouTube channel.
- I can’t even walk straight in Gears of War.
- After watching my best friend play Batman: Arkham Asylum, and solving a few puzzles for him (I’m a nautral puzzle solver, which is why I like the Professor Layton games), I figured I could play it, it didn’t look too hard. Well, I tried, and I got too scared being Batman, and had to hand it over to my husband when he got home from work.
JackSepticEye was songified by Schmoyoho.
Be warned, this is NSFW due to language.