NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month. It’s held every November and the aim is to write a 50K words novel is 30 days. My first attempt was last year, where I wrote The Edge of Darkness. This year I’m going to do Tina Storm’s first full-length novel, which as yet doesn’t have a title. In fact, I can’t even settle on one. You’ll have to help me out closer to November to help me think of a title so I can make a banner and mock book cover.
I spent this weekend planning and outlining the novel. It’s a young adult urban fantasy about Tina and her family of hereditary demon hunters that have to infiltrate a witch’s coven that is reportedly using blood magic for personal gain and to hurt innocent bystanders.
The plot totally kicks ass. I get excited just reading the outline. I’m really looking forward to writing Tina’s first full-length novel.
In celebration of this momentous event, I’m going to release a Tina Storm short story every Friday in October. That means the 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th. There are five stories all up, but I’ll only be releasing four. However, they will be completely free and available exclusively on Smashwords for the month of October. Come November when I start writing the novel, I’ll take them down and release the five short stories plus four bonus urban fantasies for sale on Smashwords and Kindle in one collection. I’m not looking to do a paperback version of the short story collection because it’s only small and I doubt it would be worth my time.
So here’s the schedule for the next couple of months on the blog:
- October-wise we’re wrapping up the weekly Disney Dissection. It’s sad, I know, but we’re literally running out of Disney heroines to talk about. Foreign Cover Friday will still be in effect and Mondays will be whatever I feel like posting.
- November will be devoted to whatever rambling I get out writing my NaNo novel. I will attempt to blog daily but considering I mostly write at night time it might be sporadic hours after I’ve done my word count for the day.
- Then in December, I want to tackle the 30 Day Disney Challenge (with a few tweaks of my own because I’ve never been to Disneyland or World or whatever). I know there are 31 days in December but do you really want me to post something on Christmas Day?
- Come January I will start looking at representations of female characters in Pixar films, because Disney owns Pixar. Sounds good to me. Currently there’s 12 Pixar films.
- If I don’t have a complete meltdown during that time because my fiancée and I are hoping to move to Australia ASAP, everything will be peachy!
Of course through all this I’ll be writing and publishing a few new e-books.
Thanks for sticking around!